Since going Vegan I have fallen in love with Tofu scramble. I know in my previous post I said that I don’t drink soymilk because of the hormones it contains, however, I do allow myself tofu once a week and use soya butter when I do some baking, which is rare. I gave up soymilk because I was drinking it everyday and in my own opinion it wasn’t having a positive effect on my health. This is just a personal choice but I wanted to clear up any confusion before proceeding with VeganMoFo.
I am in love with Taifun tofu, especially the basil flavour, which is amazing hot or cold! I have been eating this every week since I discovered it and I haven’t run out of ways of serving it. One of my favourite brunch recipes is tofu scramble with dry fried mushrooms and tomatoes. I know not everyone reading this post will be able to get hold of this brand, so if you can’t find it perhaps you could marinate some pressed firm tofu in blended basil instead. I hope you enjoy this recipe and please feel free to comment below.
Basil Tofu Scramble
• 100g Tofu
• 2 medium mushrooms
• 5 chopped cherry tomatoes
1. Prepare vegetables and chop tofu into cubes
2. Put tofu cubes into a bowl. Using a fork, mash the tofu to resemble scramble eggs.
3. In a dry pan, fry the mushrooms for a few minutes and then add the tomatoes.
4. When the vegetables are almost cooked, push over to one side of the pan and wipe a little olive oil on the opposite side.
5. Add tofu and heat through and gradually mix with the vegetables.
6. Serve on a warm plate with sides of you choice. I personally like it on toast with salsa or even baked beans! Enjoy!
* My dietary changes are of my own choice. Please seek medical advice before making any drastic changes to you diet.